Jeremiah McGuire is licensed to practice law in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas. He focuses his practice primarily on Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions, working with individuals and corporations to ensure that their transactions run smoothly from beginning to end. He and his team seek to provide a white glove level of service to each and every client. Jeremiah also handles Contract Drafting, Review, and Negotiation, Corporate Real Estate Acquisitions, Sales, Leasing and Financing, and General Litigation pertaining to Real Estate.
He devotes his time to furthering the dream and right of all to have fair and affordable housing. He is an active member on many boards and committees that support the local Realtor Association. He also speaks to groups on the benefits of home ownership and how it is achievable for all. Before working in the world of closings, Jeremiah spent 9 years practicing before the local, appellate, and federal courts representing the mortgage industry. He has handled matters involving mortgages in every stage from Title and Closing to Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Collections, and Evictions. His varied experiences across the realms of the mortgage world have provided him with a unique insight into real estate transactions.
Selected Professional Awards and Associations
- Recipient of the MAAR Education Foundation Ann Bell Memorial Scholarship, 2022
- Recipient of the MAAR Benevolent Fund Presidential Award, 2020
- Member, Memphis Bar Association and Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Memphis Area Association of Realtors Affiliate Council, 2018 – Present; Treasurer, 2023; Secretary, 2022; Board of Directors, 2021
- Member, MAAR Benevolent Fund, Fundraising Committee 2018-2020; President, 2020
- Assists and advises clients as to the requirements and risks involved in the sale or purchase of real estate.
- Works with Realtors and Mortgage Lenders to act as the representatives of clients who are refinancing, purchasing, or selling real estate.
- Has closed several billion dollars of Single Family, Multi-Family, Mixed-Use, and Commercial Real Estate transactions and loans.
- Represents clients who have properties with outstanding title issues to ensure client resolves those issues before selling their property.
- Represents clients in the negotiation of the terms of sale of real estate as part of the sale or purchase of a company.
- Represents clients in the negotiation of commercial leases.
T: (901) 494-1622
Areas of Practice
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Corporate Real Estate Acquisitions, Sales, Leasing and Financing
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Contract Negotiation
- Murray State University, B.S., 2002
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Admitted to the Tennessee Bar, 2009
- Admitted to the Arkansas Bar, 2018
- Admitted to the Mississippi Bar, 2018
East Memphis Office
6060 Poplar Ave. Suite 140
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Telephone (901) 761-1263
119 S. Main St., Suite 543
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
Telephone (901) 761-1263